Windows Server R2 2012 Essentials
- Reviews (0)
- Q & A
Purchase Microsoft Windows Server Essentials R2 2012 for up to 25 users in your small business. Take advantage of cloud services to meet your essential business needs while avoiding the drawbacks of new technology adoption. Order now, and we’ll send you the Microsoft Windows Server Essentials R2 2012 product key by email within 8 hours of receiving your payment.
- Brand: Microsoft
- Released on: 18-10-2013
- Program type: Windows Server
- Format: OLP Volume Licence
- Compatibility: 32-bit and 64-bit
- Language: EU Multilingual (it is possible to change language settings after installation; additional language packs are also available to be downloaded and installed separately)
Microsoft Windows Server Essentials R2 2012 supports up to 25 users or 50 devices on a single server and provides significantly better data security. This version of the program allows you to pick which applications and services run locally and which are hosted in the cloud. You and your team may work from anywhere with an internet connection using secure Remote Web Access. Server Essentials R2 2012 now works with mobile devices, which is becoming increasingly important as more people use tablets for work.
► Group policy
With the new “Policy Cache” feature, you can speed up starting times for machines that aren’t linked to the workplace network. It allows domain-joined machines to save a copy of the group policy settings on the client system and use those at startup time instead of waiting for the policy settings to download, depending on the speed of access to the domain controller.
► Client Full System Restore
Now supported by Windows Deployment Services (WDS).
► Automated Tiering
Storage Spaces stores most frequently accessed files on fastest physical media.
► IP Address Management (IPAM)
Get fine-grained control over who may see or edit DHCP reservations, scopes, IP address blocks, DNS resource records, and other configurations. IPAM can also be used in conjunction with System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2 to provide a unified IP policy across real and virtual environments.
► Faster VM deployment (approximately half the time)
The Legacy Network Adapter device is no longer required (or even supported) by Generation 2 virtual machines and the SCSI controller performs much better than the legacy IDE controller in the previous generation of virtual machines.
‣ Required Processor: 1.4 GHz (64-bit processor) or faster for single core; 1.3 GHz (64-bit processor) or faster for multi-core
‣ Recommended Memory: 2 GB RAM (32-bit); 4 GB RAM (64-bit)
‣ Required Hard Disk Space: 2 GB free space
‣ Required Hard Disk Space Deployed as a Virtual Machine: 4 GB
‣ Required Display: Super VGA (800×600) monitor or higher
‣ Required Graphics Card: DirectX 9 or later, with WDDM 2.0 or higher for Windows 10 (or WDDM 1.3 or higher for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update).
‣ Required Connectivity: Internet access (fees may apply)
‣ Operating System: Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Macintosh OS X versions 10.5 to 10.8.