How do I create a bootable Windows USB drive?Ejovi Great
You must first build the installation media before installing Windows from a USB drive. Once the USB flash drive is connected, your computer will be able to read this and boot from it. The methods for making a bootable USB flash drive using Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool are outlined here.
- Download the appropriate installation media from Microsoft:
- Follow the steps to download the Windows version you want. Some versions may require you to provide your Windows product key to verify your eligibility to download disc images.
- Save the Media Creation Tool to your computer. When the download is finished, launch the file and click Accept when prompted to agree to the software license terms.
- Select Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC and click the Next button.
- Follow any on-screen instructions to set your preferred language, Windows edition, and System Architecture. If unsure, check the Use the recommended options for this PC option and proceed.
- Choose the USB flash drive, and then select your USB from the list. The Windows installation files will start to download to your USB drive.
- Note that the download may take a long time depending on your internet connection. Make sure not to disrupt the process until the bootable USB drive is created.